Operation Data Centre Assistance
- Perform day-to-day computer operations as listed in the production jobs schedule.
- Perform first-level diagnosis of software, hardware and network problems.
- Identifying system malfunctions and takes corrective action to maintain schedules and to ensure integrity of production files or seeks assistance of Senior Computer Operators, Computer Operations officers or other relevant staff.
- Ensure standards to meet the agreed service level such as agreed response time, high service availability, and adherence to batch processing schedule and computer report distribution.
- Perform routine cleaning / maintenance of computer peripherals and computer room environment, i.e. effective housekeeping of the computer room including storeroom for computer stationery.
- Provide support for Application and Systems technical support personnel including printing and distribution of computer reports and handling of computer media such as magnetic tapes and cartridges.
- Provide relief service and assistance to staff of similar and related job functions when necessary.
- Adhere to system security guidelines and maintain audit readiness.
- Perform related duties as assigned by designated supervisor and fulfills administrative reporting requirements.
- Initialize cartridges for daily batch backup purposes.
- Attend to phone calls from customers and users pertaining to batch reports (reprint reports)
- Certificate/Diploma/Bachelor's Degree in IT or equivalent field.
- Some basic working knowledge of networking.
- Knowledge of AS400, or Microsoft Server will be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in Data Center Operation
- Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Full-Time positions available.
- Willing to do shift work.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualification and experience. Interested candidates are encouraged to email your detailed CV / resume stating your current & expected salary to email@example.com. Please state the position that you would like to apply in the subject line (e.g. Application for the position of “Internal Audit Manager”).
We regret to inform that only candidates who are shortlisted for our positions will be notified. Candidates who do not hear from us within 4 weeks upon submitting resume may assume that the application is not successful.